Great Western Railway [Great Britain] All Services Timetable September 14th 1931
A downloadable ZIP file containing 16 PDF files for your personal use. Each page carries a small Timetable World logo.
The Great Western Railway was, in 1931, one of the Big Four companies of Great Britain. It operated high profile services between London, the South West, Wales, the Midlands and Merseyside, and controlled the dense and profitable network of railways serving the South Wales coalfield.
Service timetables were issued to GWR employees. In 15 sections, they listed every scheduled train of all classes – passenger, mail, milk and other perishable goods, general goods, minerals, coal, and the like, for every main and branch line and mineral railway. Additionally, the September 1931 timetable recorded the paths reserved for summer-only services, which were marked as “suspended”.
The original timetables were printed on cheap paper over 90 years ago and are yellowed and brittle. The scans have been whitened but any imperfections in the originals will remain.
Each section is a separate PDF file, and there is an index file. Alternatively, two printed volumes containing the same material are available to purchase from Amazon. Search using “Timetable World”.
The 15 sections are as follows:
- London And Didcot, London And Banbury, Via Bicester And Via Oxford.
- Hammersmith And City Line, Kensington (Addison Road), And Ealing (Broadway) And Liverpool Street Via Wood Lane.
- Reading,Newbury, Chippenham, Westbury And Weymouth, And Cheltenham Spa & Andover Junction.
- Didcot, Bristol, Highbridge, Standish Junc., And Severn Tunnel Junc.
- Highbridge, Castle Cary, Kingswear And Ashburton Junction
- Ashburton Junction And Penzance
- Swindon, Gloucester, Cardiff And Pyle
- Newport And Blaenavon, Brynmawr, Pontypridd, New Tredegar, And Talyllyn Junction
- Cardiff (Bute Road) And Merthyr
- Pyle Sand Siding, Neyland And Fishguard Harbour
- Pontypool Road, Aberdare And Neath Junction
- Shrewsbury, Worcester, Hereford, Pontypool Road And Newport
- Aynho Junction, Wolverhampton, Dudley And Stourbridge Junction And Birmingham, Stratford-On-Avon, Cheltenham And Bristol.
- Wolverhampton, Chester, Birkenhead And Manchester
- Oxford To Worcester And Wolverhampton
ZIP file containing 16 PDF files, including an index